Sunday, February 2, 2014

All About the Benjamins

Cha Ching $$

2014 dodge grand caravan 21,071-$30,112
2014 Chevrolet Silverado  $26,552-48,565
Bass boat $20,000
Private school $16000 for 8th grade
Louis Vuitton purse $2,010
To adopt a little girl from China $30,000!

I think we are getting a good deal! 

Adoption is expensive. So far we have spent $7,810 and the bills will continue to come. Home study fees, Program fee, foreign facilitation/legal fee, translation fee, orphanage fee, travel fees and the list goes on. It's time for fundraisers!  I'm not that good at raising money. I'm really good at spending money, just ask Josiah.   I come from a long line of spenders. In fact while my Papa was in the hospital battling cancer he told my Mimi he knew all about the "leave the bags in the car until he left" move. My mom is a garage sale junkie and a clothes horse. I think my mom has 7 closets (In my moms defense 3 out of 7 closets are full of clothes from the 80's and 90's that she no longer wears but along with the shopping problem we share she is also a pack rat) .This is going to be a challenge. 

So far I have worked with a local t-shirt company to make adoption shirts to sell (see picture below). I only need to sell 2,977 shirts. I'm going to need a bigger fundraiser! So far the shirts have been really fun to sell. My girls have sold several to friends at school and to teachers. It has been so great for the girls to participate in bringing their sister home from China. I'm so grateful for the support.  Along with the shirts we have started an online fund from “GoFundMe” where people (you fellow readers) can send in funds. Here is the direct URL to our site:  

http://www.gofundme.com/6e8wrc  




No amount is too small. It gives the you the option of being anonymous or you can sign your name along with a note of encouragement.  We are currently researching and praying about the best options for raising the money.  As I sit here thinking of all my options I quickly get overwhelmed. I have to remember that God has turned our hearts toward adoption, toward China. He has started us on this journey He has called us. He is before all things and in Him all things hold together…Col 1:17. He knows our daughter’s name even though we don't. He knows the cost of adoption. He knows where and how the money will come. He will provide. He always has. Lord help me trust and lean on you and not on my own ability.




http://www.gofundme.com/6e8wrc  

No comments:

Post a Comment