Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cheesecakes, yard sales, and T-shirts!

We are up and running with our fundraiser's! We are speechless at the support we have gotten from our family, friends, teachers and our neighborhood. Our first fundraiser was T-shirts. We found a local T-shirt guy who designed and created our shirts. It has been so cool to see people at church, in the neighborhood, and at my daughter’s school wearing our shirts! We have brought in about $2100 from the shirts and general donations to our GOFUNDME Site. http://www.gofundme.com/6e8wrc








My nephew Caleb and my Mimi rocking their shirts


Next was CHEESECAKES!




This was actually a surprise fundraiser. One of my sweet, amazing, beautiful, smart, basketball super star babysitters invented “Cheesecakes for a Cause.” She picks a cause and sells delish NY or chocolate cheesecakes for $30. No joke I had no idea she was going to do this for us. One day I just went on Facebook and I check my notifications and there it was cheesecakes for a cause for the Foster family adoption. This girl has been baking up a storm and has already made about $500 for the adoption fund

  
Meet Rachel creator of "Cheesecakes for a Cause"

Yard sale!






MY sweet EMMA LOVE! She loves hitting up the Yard Sales with her Nana.




Keep in mind I am NOT a fan of doing yard/garage sales. It's not that I'm too good for yard sale shopping or that I don't like when my mom scores me awesome things from yard sales. I just really like sleeping in on Saturdays, I never have cash, I will never ask if someone will go down on a price, and I tend to get completely overwhelmed at all of the different items at a yard sale. Too many decisions! (I also hate buffets for the same reason) back to the yard sale... We moved 2 years ago so I had a major de-cluttering and donated a ton of stuff to the CCA. I did not have anything for a yard sale! So when my neighbor and sweet friend suggested having a yard sale to raise $ I said "no way!" They didn't take no for an answer and then got Josiah pressuring me so I finally gave in. Since we didn't have anything to sale we put the word out to our church, our bible study group and neighbors that we needed gently used (no old McDonald's toy's) yard sale stuff. We got what we asked for! The donations poured in. Good stuff too like Miss Me jeans, Vera Bradley, nice furniture, refrigerators, bikes, great toys and much much MUCH more. 

So much, my house looked like an episode of Hoarders!



After a long night of pricing all of our great stuff we were up bright and early to start the yard sale. We could not have pulled it off without help from our AMAZING friends and my mom the yard sale guru.


WE MADE OVER $1700.00 !!








(Funny story about the dog, Someone donated it to the sale. Jaycee would not let anyone close to it. People would ask about it and she would say “it’s not for sale”. Guess who bought it…Her Nana. Dogs name is now Bella Puddles Foster)

Even our pet bunny Ninja Helped Out!




We also have a go fund me site http://www.gofundme.com/6e8wrc where people who just feel generous give any amount they wish. No amount is too small. We are always humbled when people surprise us and give on the site and we love reading the comments.

Overall we have raised about $4200. We still have far to go but other fundraiser's in the works so of course I'll keep you posted.

The 411 on where we are on the adoption

Most of our paperwork/dossier has been sent to the Texas Secretary of State for authentication. Now our documents are at the Chinese Consulate in Houston being authenticated again. The final pieces of the puzzle will be the approved home study report and the CIS approval. The HS should be completed this week! We are just waiting for our FBI clearance. Once the HS is complete we can send off the CIS form (immigration paperwork). We are very close to getting matched with our daughter! I spoke with the case worker last week and she thinks we could be matched in a couple months and that it is VERY likely we will be traveling to pick her up in the fall!



Lord willing, This will be our Last EASTER as a family of only 5!!









No comments:

Post a Comment